Peraton Corp., including its wholly-owned subsidiaries (collectively, “Peraton”), brings a diverse set of capabilities to our U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Included in our core values are Respect and Accountability. We apply these values to the protection of personal information obtained from individuals through our websites and in the course of doing business. The purpose of this Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is to provide information about how Peraton collects and uses your personal information, with whom Peraton shares the information, and your rights and choices with respect to the use of the information. The Notice also describes some of the security measures Peraton takes to protect your information and how you may contact Peraton about its privacy policies.
On our websites, we may collect information about your online activities, such as the pages you access, through automated means such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. We use this data to tailor advertising about our products and services to your individual interests. We use third party services to provide analytics regarding this data.
You may refuse to accept cookies by clicking on “DECLINE” on our cookie banner. Doing so may affect your ability to use and interact with Peraton’s websites.
HOW PERATON USES THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Peraton may use the personal information we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Responding to requests for information, including requests made through forms found on our websites;
- Providing products and services, performing our contracts, and otherwise operating our business;
- Processing employment applications, evaluating candidate employment qualifications, and contacting individuals regarding employment opportunities where appropriate;
- Performing human resources functions for Peraton and its employees;
- Providing marketing, partner or corporate communication notices;
- Providing investor and corporate information alerts;
- Preparing and submitting bids and proposals to customers, including government and private sector entities;
- Managing our relationship with you and the organization you represent;
- Protecting Peraton, its employees, and its business partners against cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, insider threats, and other unlawful activity, and claims and other liabilities;
- Protecting Peraton personnel and property;
- Exercising Peraton legal rights; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and Peraton policies.
Except in rare circumstances where Peraton is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, Peraton will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or as otherwise described in this notice.
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION PERATON COLLECTS
Peraton does not sell, lease, rent, or license the personal information it collects to third parties. Peraton may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To third party service providers to facilitate the services they provide (for example, third party payroll processors and auditors);
- To submit bids for proposals from the government or commercial customers;
- To perform contractual services for customers (including, for example, with a Peraton subcontractor or a prime contractor for which Peraton is a subcontractor);
- To protect Peraton’s rights, privacy, safety, or property, and that of its customers, employees, its affiliates, users, and others;
- To support an investigation of cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, insider threats, and other illegal activity;
- In the event of a merger, sale, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Peraton business assets or stock;
- When requested by law enforcement or other government authorities;
- When required by law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; and
- For any other legal purpose.
Peraton routinely requires the third party business partners to which it provides personal information to protect and maintain that information in confidence, and not to license, sell or otherwise transfer such information except as directed by Peraton.
MANAGING INFORMATION: YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
On Peraton’s website, you can sign up to receive certain types of information about Peraton by email. For instance, you may subscribe to receive information about open positions on our Careers website. By signing up, you are joining an “opt-in” list to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, we provide a link for you to unsubscribe in our communications.
If you request (via email, other written correspondence or calling the toll-free number below), Peraton will disclose to you your personal information collected by Peraton. If you desire to update, modify or delete any personal information you have provided via the website, Peraton will take commercially reasonable efforts to fulfill your requests. Please note, however, that Peraton may be required to retain your personal information for purposes of resolving or responding to disputes or litigation, or to provide information to satisfy applicable laws, regulations, investigations or proceedings. Additionally, your personal information may be retained in residual back-up files that are a function of our network’s back-up systems. See “Contacting Peraton” below for more information.
TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Peraton is headquartered in the United States in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and its business information systems are primarily located in the United States. If you are not located in the United States, we want to advise you that any personal information you provide through Peraton’s website and third party online services will be transferred out of your country and to the United States. By providing personal information through Peraton’s website and third party online services, you expressly consent to the transfer of this information to the United States and other countries in which we may operate in support of our customers. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, please do not use Peraton’s website and third party online services or provide personal information through them.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Peraton’s websites and online services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. Peraton does not knowingly solicit, store, or use personal information of children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. Children under the age of 13 should not register for services or provide any personal information, including name, address, telephone number or email address to Peraton through its websites or online services. If Peraton becomes aware it has inadvertently collected personal information of children under the age of 13, Peraton promptly will delete such information.
Peraton implements commercially reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and administrative measures to prevent the loss of, misuse of, disclosure of, alteration of, destruction of, and unauthorized access to the personal information you provide. However, no Internet-based information system is completely secure and Peraton cannot eliminate all security risks associated with the electronic transfer and storage of information, including your personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
CHANGES TO PERATON’S PRIVACY NOTICE
Peraton reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice, other than posting of the amended Privacy Notice at this Website. Peraton suggests you check this page regularly to see our most up-to-date Privacy Notice. Changes are effective on the date Peraton posts the revised Privacy Notice to its website and supersede all previous versions of the Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on Jan 17, 2022.
If you have questions about Peraton’s Privacy Notice or wish update, modify or delete any personal information provided to Peraton, please contact us via the Privacy Contact Form or through the toll-free number 1-866-I-OPT-OUT (1-866-467-8688) and choose the Peraton code 729. You may be asked to provide specific pieces of personal information in order to verify your identity and process your request.